When inviting a new user to a child profile, you need to specify the relationship that the new person have to this child. Each relationship has a default set of permission, but you still have the option to change the permission for a specific person.
The 5 relationships and their default permission are:
- Parent (all permissions)
- Extended Family Member (can view child information and receive daily emails, Cannot edit child profile, is emergency contact, is authorized for pickup).
- Nanny / Sitter (can view child information and receive daily emails, Cannot edit child profile, is emergency contact, is authorized for pickup).
- Authorized Pickup (is emergency contact and is authorized for pick-up)
- Emergency Contact (no permission except being Emergency Contact)
Permissions provide specific privileges in the application:
- Can view child information including daily emails: the person can view all entries saved on the child profile, and will receive the daily summary email. This person can also save entries via the application.
- Can edit child profile and invite new parents/caregivers: the person can change the child's name, birthday, allergies, and add/remove new persons to access the child profile.
- Is authorized for pick-up / sign-in: Can save sign-in/sign-out entries. If this permission is not enabled, this person cannot use the sign-in kiosk or save sign-in/sign-out entries. If the sign-in kiosk pin-code option is enabled, a person which is not authorized for pickup will not receive a pin code.
- Is emergency contact: This permission is only an indication for the staff, it doesn't give any special privilege in the application.
For instance, a person that only has the 'authorized pick-up' permission will not be able to view or save any information about the child, but they'll be able to sign-in and sign-out the child via the application. This configuration can be used for carpool situations where a friend/neighbor is allowed to pick up a child but cannot see any private information saved on the child's profile.